Blake seeks to provide the Golden String which can lead us through the labyrinth of our experience or his own poetry.

Monday, May 1, 2023

10 QUOTES EIGHTH

Yale Center for British Art
Jerusalem
Plate 6

 *

I have Mental Joy & Mental Health
And Mental Friends & Mental wealth     
Ive a Wife I love & that loves me
Ive all But Riches Bodily

"I am not a God afar off, I am a brother and friend;
Within your bosoms I reside, and you reside in me:

"I am in Gods presence night & day    
And he never turns his face away"

Seek Love in the Pity of others' Woe,
In the gentle relief of another's care,
In the darkness of night & the winter's snow,
In the naked & outcast, Seek Love there!"
 

*
And all must love the human form,
In heathen, turk or jew.
Where Mercy, Love & Pity dwell,
There God is dwelling too  
*
I must Create a System, or be enslav'd by another Mans           
I will not Reason & Compare: my business is to Create 
*
Giving a body to Falshood that it may be cast off for ever.
*
One Error not remov'd, will destroy a human Soul
Repose in Beulahs night, till the Error is remov'd 
* 
What are all the Gifts of the
Spirit but Mental Gifts whenever any Individual Rejects Error &
Embraces Truth a Last Judgment passes upon that Individual
*
When the Sun rises  do  you  not  see  a  round 
Disk of fire somewhat like a Guinea   O no no I see an Innumerable
company of the Heavenly host crying Holy Holy Holy is the Lord
God Almighty 
*

 

No comments:

Post a Comment