Blake seeks to provide the Golden String which can lead us through the labyrinth of our experience or his own poetry.

Saturday, December 3, 2022

JOB LABELS

The plates:
 
 

My labels for the plates:
 
1. Innocence 
2. Doubt
3. Wrath
4. Disasters
5. Temptation
6. Shame
7. Experience
8. Anger
9. Disillusionment
10. Rejection
11. Insight
12. New Birth
13. Vision
14. Synthesis
15. Encounter with Unconscious
16. Reversal
17. God of Love
18. Forgiveness
19. Humility
20. Self-giving

21. Wholeness
 
 INNOCENCE - one that feared God
DOUBT - when the Almighty was yet with me

WRATH - The fire of god is fallen form heaven
 
DISASTERS - I only am escaped
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a5/Blake_Job_4.jpg  
TEMPTATION - satan went froth from the presence
SHAME - smote Job with boils
 
EXPERIENCE - shall we receive good and not also evil
 
ANGER - let the day perish wherein I was born

 DISILLUSIONMENT - the spirit passed before my face
 
REJECTION - laughed to scorn
 
INSIGHT - dreams & visions
NEW BIRTH - these things worketh God
SYNTHESIS - the Lord answereth Job 
VISION - morning stars sang together

ENCOUNTER WITH UNCONSCIOUS - behold now
 
REVERSAL - I saw Satan fall from heaven
GOD OF LOVE - my eye seeth thee
FORGIVENESS - I & my Father are one
HUMILITY - Mercy endureth forever
 
SELF-GIVING - precious are thy thoughts
 
WHOLENESS - just & true are thy ways

No comments:

Post a Comment